20 Ways to Prepare for Small Business Saturday
We’re down to just under 20 days until #SmallBusinessSaturday 2017, we’d like to share 20 quick tips and tricks you can do to help your small business get the most out of the day.
On Small Business Saturday 2016, 112 million shoppers showed their love for their favorite spots, and spent a reported $15.4 billion at local businesses like yours!* Don’t miss out on this incredible annual opportunity.
Here are 20 easy ways to prepare for a successful Small Business Saturday:
- Plan a unique event for your small business – and see the best ways to promote it online here
- Utilize the American Express Shop Small Studio to promote ShopSmall (as well as your business)
- Update your social media with #ShopSmall profile pictures, cover photos and social posts
- Download Shop Small’s customizable marketing materials
- …or download ready-to-use materials
- Create your own #ShopSmall posters, event flyers, offer signage and save-the-date materials for your physical location
- Support other local businesses by partnering up with each other for the big day
- Visit the Shop Small Map to see what other small business are already participating around you
- Update your display – have fun and get creative with promoting #ShopSmall!
- Create holiday gift bundles for your customers to conveniently holiday shop for their loved ones. Think: “for him / for her / for your pet”
- Are you a restaurant or food service? Use the #DineSmall hashtag on social media to encourage your customers to support local restaurants
- For local restaurants that would like to get involved, create a special dish for the day
- Take this opportunity to debut new items on the menu for returning customers…
- …or to promote old favorites for new customers!
- Extend your hours a little to get the absolute most out of the day
- It’s going to be a crazy day – don’t forget to prioritize customer service!
- Make sure to send a follow up email to new customers thanking them and offering them a discount or invitation to your next event
- Stay connected yourself and sign up for Shop Small updates and reminders
- Stay true to whatever’s most authentic to you and your brand
- Remember that bringing your community together is what the annual #ShopSmall shopping tradition is all about!
As a Corporate Supporter of the event, Hibu recognizes the important roles that small businesses play in our local communities. We encourage everyone to mark your calendars for Saturday November 25th – then do all you can to make the day a big success for small businesses in your area. Get out there and Shop Small!