5 Fast Ways to Leap Over Your Competition in Search
In honor of Leap Year, here are five things you can do to help you leap ahead of your competition in the search rankings…
- Claim your Google+ page – This might be the most important thing you can do to establish your business on Google. If you don’t have a Google+ listing, you can create one here: https://plus.google.com/pages/create.
- Be Mobile-ready – Web pages that are not mobile-friendly are now being penalized. Today, it’s hard to rank competitively without clearing the mobile-friendly hurdle. Plus, since about 50% of all searches done on Google are on mobile devices, your site absolutely must work on phones and tablets.
- Be Social – Your social profiles you create for your business can appear in the search results too. If you haven’t already, consider setting up some social media pages such as Google+, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Get involved – Writing reviews, engaging in group discussions on sites like LinkedIn, and sharing information about your business online is a great way to network and get your name out there. And if you can include your URL (www.yourbusiness.com) in a helpful, constructive way, it can count as a valuable backlink to your site – boosting its value in the eyes of Google, Yahoo! and Bing.
- Get blogging – Every blog post you create is another “page” of content for search engines to process and add to their results. The more valuable content you create – content that your target audience really wants to hear about, like changes to your business, any sales or promotions you’re running, and any community activities you’re involved with – the more chances your business has to show up when someone searches for you online.
Five easy things that can help you “leap” over your competitors And, in case they don’t sound “easy”… remember that with a hibu Premium Website and hibu Wave, we’ll build you a mobile-friendly site… claim your business listings on Google and Bing… set up social profiles for your business on Facebook and Twitter… and give you access to blog on your site. That’s 4 out of 5 Leap Year suggestions that hibu puts right at your fingertips! See… easy!