It’s Cinco de Mayo – Spice up your Social Media
We understand that Cinco de Mayo is not a celebration of Mexican Independence. It’s not even really a holiday in Mexico. Luckily for us, here in America – where we like any reason to celebrate – it is a holiday!
So, to celebrate the American version of Cinco de Mayo – with its icy-cool drinks and savory spicy food – we’re going to share five (cinco!) ways to spice up your social media and attract more Likes.
5 ways to spice up your social
- Post! If you don’t put content on your Facebook page, you will not get seen. Period. End of story. Social media only works if it’s active – if you are actively adding content, or continually running ads (we can help you with the ads). Your customers are using social as part of their buying/decision-making process – they want to get a feel for who you are… so don’t let them think you’re nothing but a blank, forgotten page.
- Post more! It may seem ridiculous to repeat it, but I can’t stress enough how much your social presence depends on continuously keeping your pages active – posts on Facebook, conversations on Messenger, offers on Marketplace, photos on Instagram and tweets on Twitter. The more you put yourself out there, the more your customers (new and old) will feel a connection to you and will think of you first when they need what you offer.
- Post photos – your photos. Your social media is different from your website… or at least it should be. People visit your website looking for facts – WHAT you do. People visit your social to get a feel for WHO you are. It’s absolutely fine to share other people’s posts and images (other than your competitors), but you need to post your own, original photos. Literally show your customers who you are, that you’re proud of your work, your customers, etc.
- Post videos – your videos. Just like photos, but even more important today. Studies show that personal videos get 10x more views than those from another source (like YouTube). Best of all, 92% of mobile video viewers share videos with others, so your videos are shown to new customers!
- Share your posts on all five of the top social networks – Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Facebook Marketplace, Instagram and Twitter. Too many businesses make the mistake of just posting on Facebook. When you have a post, or news, or a deal – don’t just put it on Facebook, put it on every social media platform you have. And if you don’t have at least the five I mentioned – sign up for them now. (Don’t wait until next Cinco de Mayo.)
So, have a happy Cinco de Mayo. Celebrate the holiday by spicing up your social media… in a purely professional way, of course.
Kissmetrics; More likes on Facebook
Socialbakers; Facebook video study; 2015
Social Media Examiner; Use Facebook for more engagement; 2015