6 Things You Need to Do to Make the Most of Small Business Saturday
It’s time to get ready for Small Business Saturday®
As a company that serves local business owners across the country, Hibu is proud to join with American Express to support the 10th annual Small Business Saturday® this Nov 30th.
From corner stores to food trucks to online boutiques, each year on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, shoppers, business owners, and organizations come together to Shop Small, celebrate, and share the places they love with the people they love.
Participating in Small Business Saturday is a great opportunity for small retailers to gain exposure, capitalize on increased sales potential, and foster a sense of community. Here are 6 tips for getting involved on Nov 30th:
- Start now: It might be easy to say, “November 30th is a month away, I have time to prepare.” But you should be saying, “November 30th is only a month away! I need to prepare!” Major retailers waste no time promoting holiday shopping, and you shouldn’t either.
- Spread the word: Let your customers know that you plan to participate in Small Business Saturday. Visit AmericanExpress.com/YourDay to show your Shop Small pride and get the word out about Small Business Saturday with downloadable social posts, posters, and more — all compliments of American Express.
- Connect with your community: Contact your local chamber of commerce to see how your business can participate in any Small Business Saturday events and promotions they may be having.
- Become a V.I.B. (Very Important Business): If you’re a qualified American Express® Card–accepting merchant, you can get recommended to potential customers simply because you welcome the Card. Learn more at AmericanExpress.com/PromoteYourBusiness
- Get Social: Hop onto your business’ social media profiles and join in on the excitement and conversation. The Small Business Saturday page on Facebook has more than three million fans, making it a great resource. Always use the #SmallBizSat or #ShopSmall hashtags on Twitter and Instagram to highlight any events, special offers or discounts.
- Stand out with customers: Your customers will likely be inundated with tons of marketing messages during the holidays. To avoid getting lost in the pack, be deliberate and specific with what you post for Small Business Saturday. Avoid broad statements such as, “Come check out our deals this Saturday!” Instead, get specific! Tell customers what’s on sale and offer suggestions on which of your products or services make great gifts.
At the end of the day, remember that Small Business Saturday is all about your local community. Get to know your local customers and other local businesses, all while promoting your business too!
Join us and American Express this Nov 30th to celebrate the 10th Small Business Saturday.