Small Business Saturday – Make It Your Day!
Last year, over 88 Million people came out to shop small on Small Business Saturday®, and this year could be even bigger – it could definitely be a big day for you… if you start planning now.
In the weeks and days leading up to November 28, there are lots of things you can do to promote Small Business Saturday at your business and in your community…
Start with 3 simple steps
- Plan Early – take advantage of all the FREE Event Guides and Marketing Materials available to you at ShopSmall.com. Registering takes seconds – there’s no charge and no obligation.
- Build Buzz – download and use the digital materials that have already been prepared for you at ShopSmall.com – drive awareness for your event and attract customers all day.
- Dress Up – this is your day to show off… plan an event, order, and use the Small Business Saturday merchandise available – there are lots of posters, balloons, signage and more you can use to pull people in.
Make the day a success
- Show your support badge – download, print out, and post your official “Small Business Saturday Supporter” badge — in your business and on your website and social pages
- Put up the posters – let your community, customers and employees know you’re taking part.
- Go social – go to ShopSmall.com and to download the social posts that are available and post them on Facebook, Twitter and anywhere else you’re active online
- Get the word out – also on ShopSmall.com you’ll find emails, press releases, and digital banners you can use to let the world know it’s time to go small
If you don’t have time to do anything else, at least do these four things…
- Brand your homepage so customers know the day is coming
- Talk with your community members to spread the word
- Encourage your employees to share their favorite small businesses on social
- Check out the one-page “Small Business Saturday Playbook” – see all the items that have already been prepared just waiting for you to use them
This can be big
This is the sixth Small Business Saturday and the event organizers make it easier every year to plan, participate and profit from the celebration. And that’s what this day is – a day to acknowledge and celebrate small business America. Don’t miss your chance to be part of it and to share in the success.
Remember, merchants and consumers can learn more about Small Business Saturday and how to get involved by visiting ShopSmall.com and the official Small Business Saturday Facebook page. What are you waiting for? Head over there now, if you haven’t already, and get started today!