We understand that if you’re an accountant, you’re probably too busy to read this today (since it’s Tax day) – but once the tax rush is over, here’s a handy overview on what you can do to make sure your site is built to accrue new clients.
Here are 10 key factors that can have a big impact on whether or not your Accounting site adds up to an effective small business website.
- Face Value – According to Google, you’ve got about 5 seconds or less to convince a site visitor that you can provide what they want. Of course, you also need to instantly assure them that you’re professional, experienced, and trustworthy.
- Maximize Interest – Quickly and clearly identify the services you offer. We’re all thinking about taxes today, but your site needs to present the full range of your expertise. If you offer a number of Accounting Services – Bookkeeping, Payroll, Notary Services, etc. – make sure prospects visiting your site can immediately see everything you can provide.
- Net Worth – Show your experience and your credentials. Make sure they know why they should choose you over your competition. If you’ve won awards – include them. If you have clients who will provide testimonials – include them.
- Simple Interest – Make it as easy as possible to contact you. Present clear contact Information – have your phone number visible throughout the site and offer a contact form, for customers who prefer a callback.
- Easy Indexing – Keep your navigation simple so people can easily get to the information they want to read. This is especially important on your mobile site.
- In Voice – Be sure your website reflects your “brand,” your voice. Your site represents your business – it’s often the first impression you make these days. Make sure your website is written and designed in a way that reflects who you are.
- Authorized Shares – Keep your site fresh with routine updates, and a Blog with knowledge-packed posts – it’ll help make your site look up-to-date for return visitors and it will improve your visibility by increasing your SEO value.
- Short Form – Keep copy short and “chunk” your content to make it easy to scan.
- Professional Advice – There’s a good chance you’re not the only Accountant nearby. Where we’re based, outside of Philadelphia, a quick Google search for “Accounting Services” added up to over 21 million results – but what’s most important is that it served up almost 20 firms just within a 10-mile radius. The competition is fierce – you need to maximize your visibility, and it takes professional SEO help to do that.
- Work in Progress – There are website design tools available today that can help make your site more than just a brochure online. For example, if you’re a small firm, you should certainly consider having an online “Appointments” widget (like the one Hibu offers). It’ll make it easier for customers to schedule time with you and you’ll have fewer phone calls to answer.
And here’s a BONUS suggestion: Be Social! Today there’s a good chance that someone could find you online through social media, not your website. Social media pages don’t give you the same opportunity to present yourself as your site, but they give prospects a way to get to know you and get in touch with you. They’re a simple way for current customers to introduce you to prospects, and they show that you’re part of the community. Just remember to create designated social media pages for your business, and keep them separate from your personal pages.
Good luck getting through tax time. Just think… with an effective website, you could be this busy all year long.
Don’t have a Hibu Website? You can always get more information on our custom websites for small to medium-sized local businesses at hibu.com. Give us a call at 855-771-7858, or let us know a good time to call you.
Already have a healthy Hibu Website? Talk to us about how you can increase your search engine ranking with an SEO Services campaign… drive more traffic to your site with Search Marketing… and build your brand awareness on popular sites and mobile apps with Display Advertising. You can find information on all these hibu products and more at hibu.com.